Sunday 13 November 2016

Master Weaver & Bajan USCian Sylvester Clarke Opens Up About His Dyslexia


" ... Reading and spelling are not my strong points. At school I could not spell ‘the’ but could spell ‘apple’. I couldn’t understand why at that time, but now I do. “A person with dyslexia sees the picture before they see the word so when I was told to spell the word apple I would see the picture and then the word. But words such as ‘there’ and ‘they’ give me difficulty spelling even now. I do not know the difference between them. There are 37 certain characteristics dyslexics exhibit and most of us have at least have ten; so I had to learn a lot about my condition in order to understand myself ...”

- See more at: http://www.nationnews.com/nationnews/news/88867/easy-magazine-weaving-story-fibre-fibre#sthash.1jv26fEm.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment